Privacy and Cookies Policy
This policy (together with our website terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal information.
Any personal information provided to or gathered through www.QBEeurope.com or www.QBErugby.com (together the "Site") is controlled by QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited ("QIEL") and QBE Underwriting Limited ("QUL"), both authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority ("QBE", "we", "us" or "our").
What information do we collect and process?
- We may collect and process the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided:
- when requesting information about our products and services in relation to a complaint
- when registering on the QBE Rugby site
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion which we sponsor or when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited.
How is this information used?
We will use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information you have requested about our products or services.
- To respond to and handle your complaint.
- If you have registered on the QBE Rugby site, to keep you informed about rugby related competitions, events, player appearances or developments.
- We may also use your contact information to provide you with information about our products and services which we think may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone or by email if you have previously consented to this or the information relates to products or services previously purchased by you.
- If you wish to stop receiving such information at any time, please contact email@example.com
We take privacy seriously and have systems in place to ensure the security and accuracy of any personal information we collect.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone outside your organisation.
We restrict access to your information as appropriate within QBE to those who need to know that information for the purposes set out above.
Who do we disclose information to?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) (some of which are outside the European Economic Area in countries which do not have laws protecting the use of personal information). Details of companies within the QBE European Operations group and their locations can be found at www.qbeeurope.com/contact/.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we have obtained your consent or it is for the purposes of a contract you have entered into
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction)
- Which provide a service to QBE (e.g. outsourced IT providers)
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business
- Where we transfer personal information to service providers or other members of our group, we will only allow your personal information to be used for the purposes set out above and we will ensure that it is secure and protected from unauthorised access.
- This Privacy and Cookies Policy does not cover links to third party websites accessed from this site.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit certain webpages. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The following cookies are used on the Site:
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, you may lose some functionality if these settings have been adopted. For example, the QBE Insurance Group Limited share price will not be updated. For further information about cookies including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them and how to manage your browser settings visit www.allaboutcookies.org
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us if any information changes or if you believe that any of the details which we hold are incorrect.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address set out below.
If you have any issues with our processing of your personal information via this Site or wish to discuss the information we hold about you please contact us at:
QBE European Operations
30 Fenchurch Street
All general enquiries:
tell + 44 (0) 20 7105 4000
fax + 44 (0) 20 7105 4019